Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Cloud Real Estate/Virtual Real Estate/Green Real Estate: Do they ...

Cloud Real Estate/Virtual Real Estate/Green Real Estate: ?Do they mean the same thing?When I think ?Virtual?, I think mobile. Not tied to a desk. I might be in my car, at my house, or working a table at Starbucks. ?Virtual usually means I am doing most of the work in my head. Practically, it means less travel time, less office expense, and greater flexibility.When I think ?Cloud?, I think online files, document sharing, down-loadable forms. I think simplified storage, easy accessibility, even when working remotely.

When I think Green, I think less paper, more pdf files, online forms. I think scans and faxes, I think working ecologically, although can you have a ?green? company but still be running the A/C with the windows open.

So do they mean the same thing? They answer is no! ?The contemporary office, like the office of the foreseeable future, is a combination of all the above. ?Although the industry is striving to become virtual, utilize the ?cloud,? and function with respect to the future of the planet, the main street office will live on. While the senior generation is still at the helm, the transition to a technologically efficient virtual office will have to wait. Some of the most successful agents have not harnessed the ?cloud,? still flinch at an electronic signature, and feel secure when their desk drawer holds a couple of reams of paper. Finally, the State Commission is not yet on-board with virtual real estate. When those gentlemen come knocking, they still want to hear the fire drawers opening.

File sharing, uploading, scanning, efaxing, smart phones, and e-mail attachments are a way of life to one generation, but a foreign language to another. During this time of transition, requiring every agent to work in a virtual office with storage in the cloud and a dedication to sustainability, is just not a feasible business model ?? yet.

Source: http://evanrussell.com/2012/10/cloud-real-estatevirtual-real-estategreen-real-estate-do-they-mean-the-same-thing/

dr dog ke$ha earl csco big bend national park leon russell meredith vieira

No comments:

Post a Comment